What “Unlimited” means
Vinkers Hosting does not set a cap on the amount of space and bandwidth a single shared hosting subscriber can use. Subject to terms and conditions, Vinkers Hosting makes every commercially reasonable effort to provide it’s hosting subscribers with all the storage and bandwidth needs to power their websites successfully, as long as the Subscriber’s use of the service complies with these Terms. By offering unlimited resources, we are able to provide simple, fixed pricing to our hosting Subscribers as they grow their business online. As a result, a typical website may experience periods of great popularity and resulting increased storage without experiencing any associated increase in hosting charges.
What “Unlimited” DOES NOT mean
Vinkers Hosting employs complex mechanisms to protect its hosting Subscribers and systems from any kind of abuse. Vinkers Hosting “Unlimited” hosting offering is not for single or few hosting subscribers to unfairly or adversely impact the experience of other hosting Subscribers. Vinkers Hosting’s service is offering shared hosting service, which means that multiple hosting Subscriber’s websites are hosted from the same server and share server resources. Vinkers Hosting’s service is designed to meet the typical needs of small and medium sized businesses across globe. It is NOT intended to support the sustained demand of large enterprises, or non-typical applications better suited to a VPS or a dedicated server. Vinkers Hosting will make every commercially reasonable effort to provide additional resources to Subscribers who are using their website(s) consistent with these Terms, including moving Subscribers to newer and bigger shared servers as necessary. However, in order to ensure a consistent and quality experience for all Subscribers, Vinkers Hosting does place automated safeguards to protect against any website growing too quickly and adversely impacting the system until Vinkers Hosting can evaluate said sites resource needs.
Unacceptable Resource Usage
- Run cron entries with intervals of less than fifteen (15) minutes.
- Run any MySQL queries longer than thirty (30) seconds.
- Use twenty-five percent (25%) or more of our system resources for longer than ninety (90) seconds at a time. Activities that could cause this excessive use, include but are not limited to: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
- The size of each mail box should not exceed 5GB and combined mail box size per domain should not exceed 50GB.
Unlimited Hosting Space; excessive SQL Database
Vinkers Hosting does not set any specific limits on the amount of disk space a hosting subscriber can use for their website, nor does Vinkers Hosting charge additional fees based on an increased amount of storage used, provided the hosting subscriber’s use of storage complies with these Terms. Please note, however, that the Vinkers Hosting service is designed to host websites. Vinkers Hosting does NOT provide unlimited hosting for online storage, videos, images, audio, games, installers, executable files, backups, or archiving of electronic files, documents, log files, web spider or indexer, irc, torrent, file sharing, peer-to-peer activities, testing environment etc., and any such prohibited use of the Services will result in the termination of hosting subscriber’s account, with or without notice. Accounts with an excessive database size (i.e., more than 1 GB) negatively affect the performance of the server. Vinkers Hosting may request that the database size be reduced to ensure proper performance or may disable the Subscriber’s account, with or without notice. Hosting subscriber’s can create multiple databases however size of each database should not be more than 1 GB.
Unlimited File Transfer
Vinkers Hosting does not set any limits on the amount of visitor traffic a website can receive or on the amount of content a hosting subscriber can upload to his/her/its website in a given month, nor does Vinkers Hosting charge additional fees based on increased use of bandwidth, as long as the hosting subscriber’s use of the Services complies with these Terms. In most cases, a hosting subscriber’s website will be able to support as much traffic as the hosting subscriber can legitimately acquire. However, Vinkers Hosting reserves the right to limit processor time, bandwidth, processes, or memory in cases where it is necessary to prevent negatively impacting other hosting subscribers.
Acceptable Usage Policy
General Acceptable Use Policy
This AUP governs the use of VinkersHosting.com’s hosting service. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and VinkersHosting.com regarding the interpretation of this AUP, VinkersHosting.com’s interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern.
The following is the entire Acceptable User Policy (“AUP”) agreement between VinkersHosting.com and the personal or corporate account holder. VinkersHosting.com provides managed web hosting and domain name service. VinkersHosting.com has certain legal and ethical responsibilities consisting with the use of its servers and equipment involved in these services. VinkersHosting.com’s general policy is to act as a provider of Internet presence. VinkersHosting.com reserves the rights to suspend or cancel a customer’s access to any or all services provided by VinkersHosting.com when we decide that the account has been inappropriately used.
What is Appropriate Usage?
VinkersHosting.com web hosting solution has specifically been designed to serve the web hosting needs of small and independently owned and operated businesses and organizations throughout the world. Since you will be hosting your website with several other clients on our servers in a virtual community, our offerings are really not intended to support enterprise level or large company requirements. For that, we recommend purchasing at least a virtual private server, cloud or dedicated server solution.
VinkersHosting.com hosting is a shared web hosting service, which ultimately means a number of customers’ websites are hosted within the same server environment. To ensure that our hosting is first-class, reliable, and available to all customers within that server community, an individual customer’s website usage cannot adversely affect the performance of other customers’ sites. We monitor our servers 24/7/365 and in no way can one customer adversely affect the performance of that server. If this happens, we will take preventative measures to ensure that the entire community is protected.
Lastly, our web hosting service is intended to host websites, not backup or storage facility for users’ data. Using your web hosting account primarily as an online storage space for archiving electronic files and images is strictly prohibited. Our servers are for web hosting usage only.
You may not publish or transmit via VinkersHosting.com’s service any content that VinkersHosting.com reasonably believes:
- constitutes child pornography;
- constitutes pornography;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- clearly infringes on another person’s trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to VinkersHosting.com;
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against VinkersHosting.com by offended viewers;
Proxy, Warez, Escrow, High Yield Investment Programs(HYIP), Gaming servers/applications, illegal Gambling and Lottery sites.
VinkersHosting.com does not accept material such as:
VinkersHosting.com can terminate service for any of the above reasons and it’s at VinkersHosting.com’s sole discretion to issue a refund.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
Bulk Commercial Email
Bulk commercial email, mailing lists and email reflectors are allowed on VinkersHosting.com’s servers, we do however allow a maximum of 500 emails per hour per account. For any emails sent from your VinkersHosting.com account you must adhere to the following rules:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner.
- You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
These policies apply to messages sent using your VinkersHosting.com service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your VinkersHosting.com service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it. You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your VinkersHosting.com’s services.
Material Protected By Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner.
- you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
VinkersHosting.com will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the VinkersHosting.com network.
VinkersHosting.com is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers’ activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the VinkersHosting.com network.
You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to VinkersHosting.com and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting; or
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the VinkersHosting.com network.
- Use of VinkersHosting.com’s network in a way that unreasonably interferes with VinkersHosting.com’s other customers use of the network
Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings. These groups usually prohibit the posting of off-topic commercial messages, or mass postings to multiple forums.